For last few days Mi 6 was in headlines for multiple rumored leaks. Breaking all the rumors, Xiaomi finally unveiled the huge Mi 6 today. Last year we saw the Mi Mix impressed everyone for its bezel-less design. Mi 6 maintains the same design language. Xiaomi Mi 6 launched with some jaw-dropping specifications.
Mi 6 Specifications
The all new Mi 6 is truly a powerful device as per its specifications.
- Processor: Mi 6 comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset which is the latest offering by Qualcomm. The Snapdragon 835 is an octa-core processor clocked at 2.45Ghz. On the other hand, it has Adreno 540 GPU. Xiaomi Founder & CEO, Lei Jun claimed that the graphics output in Mi 6 beat the iPhone 7 and it also scored better than the all new Samsung Galaxy S8 in benchmarks like AnTuTu.
- Design & Display: Xiaomi Mi 6 sports a 5.15 inch display (same in measurement with Mi 5 which was launched last year. The display resolution is full HD (1920×1080 pixel) with maximum 600 nits brightness. Specifically, to avoid eye strain the brightness can be reduced at as low as 1 nit. Additionally Mi 6 sports a four-sided 3D glass feature which definitely enhance the premium look and attractiveness of the Mi 6. Xiaomi ditched 3.5mm headphone jack and included USB Type-C port on their new flagship.
- Camera: Now-a-days camera is definitely an important section to choose a flagship device. Here Xiaomi did an excellent job in the new Mi 6. The all new Mi 6 sports dual camera setup at the back. Both of the rear cameras are of 12 megapixel. Specifically one camera at the back features a 12 megapixel wide angel lens & another one is 12 megapixel telephoto camera for lossless 2x zoom. The interesting thing is the same camera technology is used iPhone 7 (think of iPhone 7’s price). Additionally both the rear camera sports phase detection auto focus and four-axis OIS (Optical Image Stabilizer) to ensure no blur in the images. Camera in the front is 8 megapixel possibly with fixed focus.
- Storage & RAM: The new Xiaomi Mi 6 comes in two variant mainly. Both variants come with 6GB of RAM. One comes with 64GB of internal storage & another one with 128GB of internal storage. In addition with these two regular version, there is another special version of Mi 6 called the Mi 6 Ceramic,
which sports a four-side curved ceramic body and 18K gold-plated camera rims at the back. This version also have 6GB of RAM & 128GB of ineternal storage.
- Connectivity & Battery: Coming to connectivity Xiaomi includes support for 2X2 MIMO WiFi and 4G+ networks. 4G+ network offers up to 600Mbps of downloading & upto 100Mbps. On the other hand, it has dual SIM support (4G/ 4G+3G+2G), Bluetooth 5.0 and front facing speaker grills. It comes with NFC allowing users to use Mi Pay – NFC based mobile payment service. Coming to battery, Mi 6 sports a 3350mAh battery. Xiaomi claims,
Mi 6 comes with all new MIUI optimisations which gives a full day of battery back up on Mi 6.
- Additional Features: On the looks, Xiaomi CEO claimed that the new Mi 6 has be precisely crafted like watch. The fingerprint scanner on the Mi 6 is placed under the glass at the front. He also claimed, the Mi 6 is splash resistant, that means it is resistant to normal wear & tear.
Now lets come to the most interesting department of Mi 6. As we all know Xiaomi is famous for featured-rich quality products at a cheaper price. The Mi 6 is not an exception. The Xiaomi Mi 6 Launched at an attractive price. The base 64GB version is priced at CNY 2499 (roughly Rs. 23,500) , 128 GB version is priced at CNY 2899 (Rs 27,000) and the Mi 6 Ceramic is priced at CNY 2999 (Rs. 28,000). Undoubtedly its an excellent pricing comparing the current competitors.
While Xiaomi offers the best value for money, but they are well-known for one thing which is Availability. Mi 6 is launched today in China. But there is no news on India release till now as expected. But we have to remember that Xiaomi is now concentrating on India as they proved to be the leading smartphone selling company in India. Having said that, we can expect that Xiaomi will make Mi 6 available in India as soon as possible. But still one question is left FLASH SALE.
So Xiaomi Mi 6 Launched!! What do you think about the all new Mi 6? We found it extremely value for money. Let us know your opinion in the comment section below.