Jio introduced Free Data and Unlimited Voice Till 31st March, 2018 with some twist. They introduced a new term Jio Prime Membership. While the term sounds like something premium, in reality it doesn’t seem so. So lets quickly summarize what Mukhesh Ambani announced at the launch event of Jio Prime.
- 10 Crore people can include themselves in this Prime membership.
- User has to pay ₹99 as the Prime Membership charge.
- The time period to get the membership is 1st March to 31st March, 2017.
- User can pay via Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking & Jio Money.
- The Prime Membership will be valid till 31st March, 2018.
- Initially Jio introduced ₹303 plan with the benefits of 1GB High speed 4G Data per day (post 1GB speed will be reduced to 128Kbps), Unlimited Local and STD calls to any network with the validity of 28 Days.
This means after recharging with ₹99 for the Jio Prime Membership, you have to recharge ₹303 monthly to enjoy the same benefit you are getting now.
Responses we got:
Now looking at the initial tariff, we got mixed response from our readers. Some of our readers think the plan to be pretty cheap and useful, because the other mobile operators like Airtel or Vodafone or Idea provides only 2GB of 3G/4G Data at the price of ₹248 (or something like that) with no calling benefits. But some of our readers have something different to say. Looking at the India’s economy, paying ₹303 monthly can be very difficult. And the main thing is most of the Indians are not ready to pay such amount for data purposes mainly. The logic is very simple when Jio provided unlimited free the increased thier usage, because after all it was FREE. But when it comes to paying money I suspect how many of Jio users will be ready to pay that ₹303 to use 30GB monthly. Even I asked some of my friends personally and the matter of fact is they were not ready to pay to Jio.
The main reason behind this is mainly two:
- Indian Economy & most importantly
- Jio signal availability. There are certain remote places in India where Jio is still unable to set up their Tower to provide better signal coverage.
Looking at the above mentioned situations, probably Team Jio suspected they will drop their user base if they do not come with an alternative. So they had to come up with some options. And today they added some of the existing plans in Jio Prime advantages.
Take a look at the new plans:
- ₹19: This plan comes with 1 Day of validity with 200MB of 4G Data.
- ₹149: This plan comes with 28 Days of validity with 2GB of limited Data.
*Both plan comes with unlimited Local and STD Calling.
Look at the full plan chart:
Looking at the ₹149 plan it can be said that this Jio Prime tarriff plan is extremely beneficial for the those customers who have a tight budget and can compromise on limited data. Along with 2GB oof 4G Data Jio is also providing unlimited local and STD calls to any network whereas other operators charge almost ₹250 only for 2GB of 3G/4G Data with no calling benefits. Jio again played smartly to keep their user base and gave a serious threat to other operators.
If you want to enroll yourself in Jio Prime goto Jio Website then click at the Jio Prime banner, enter your Jio Number, select payment method, enter details and it will be activated instantly.
What do you think about the new plans introduced by Jio? Drop a comment below.